Saffery Champness is an independent Top 20 accountancy firm with offices throughout the UK, Guernsey and Switzerland. They are a leading firm in the sports and entertainment sectors, and have over 30 people specialising in the provision of bespoke tax and accounting advice to clients on a large range of issues.
In the sports arena they advise a broad range of clients, from international governing bodies and clubs to sports agents, managers and players, both past and present.
Saffery Champness specialise in the following areas:
– A full tax and accounts compliance service;
– Tax planning encompassing personal and corporate taxes, both domestic and international;
– Personal and business management;
– Image rights structures;
– Corporate finance services;
– Resolving tax investigations and HMRC enquiries
Whilst there is no standard Saffery Champness client, their clients tend to have certain things in common:
– They have complex financial affairs; for many this includes overseas as well as UK aspects
– They appreciate the continuity of trusted advisers who can help them throughout their sporting careers
– They require advisers who are easy to contact and who can provide advice quickly, with a minimum of fuss
– They understand that sporting careers can be precarious and there is a need to ensure that any actions taken will not negatively impact them in the future
From signing the first professional contract, setting up image rights structures and resolving the finer points on last minute transfers, through an entire career to the difficult transition to retirement and post-playing days, Saffery’s have the knowledge and experience to offer advice at each stage of a individuals football career and beyond.